First, briefly summarize the main features of the two:
CNC sheet metal bending machine: The upper and lower molds are respectively fixed on the upper and lower worktables of the sheet metal bending machine, and the relative movement of the hydraulically driven worktable is combined with the shape of the upper and lower molds to realize the bending and forming of the sheet.
CNC sheet metal folding machine: The motor drives the upper slider to compress the sheet, and the hemming beam rotates from bottom to top, thereby driving the sheet to be bent into shape.
The CNC sheet metal bending machine and the CNC sheet metal folding machine are compared from the following 6 aspects in terms of sheet forming:
❶ The forming principle is different
Sheet metal bending machine-control the bending angle by controlling the downward pressure of the upper knife. When bending, the short side is included, and the operator needs to hold up most of the external materials. When bending large workpieces, two Collaboration of two or more employees
Sheet metal folding machine——After the sheet is laid flat on the worktable, the edge holding beam is pressed down to fix the sheet, and the edge folding beam is turned up and down to realize the edge folding. In all the edge folding processes, it is no longer necessary Manually participate in positioning and auxiliary turning and positioning work.
❷ Different bending accuracy
Sheet metal bending machine-the dimensional accuracy of the control is the dimensional accuracy of the short side of the back gauge positioning. After the bending is completed, the final error accumulates to the inner hollow size. At the same time, the bending angle is controlled by controlling the pressure of the upper die , So the angle is related to the material thickness.
Sheet Metal Folding Machine——The dimensional accuracy of the control is that after the first edge is completed, the first edge is used as the positioning reference. The final controlled size is exactly the inner hollow size required by the customer, and the bending angle is directly controlled. The edge angle has nothing to do with the material thickness.
❸ The surface of the material is scratched and damaged
Sheet metal bending machine-when working, the material will move relative to the lower die, leaving indentations without surface protection. When bending large workpieces, it needs to be turned and moved many times, and scratches will inevitably occur in the process.
Sheet Metal Flanging Machine-When working, the blanking beam cutter and the hemming beam cutter do not move relative to the material, thus completely avoiding surface damage. When large workpieces are bent, because the plates are processed flat, all processing on one side of the workpiece can be completed at one time positioning, completely avoiding surface damage.
❹ The requirements of workers’ technical level are different
Sheet metal bending machine-requires relatively higher technical level of bending workers.
Sheet metal folding machine-programming can be achieved intuitively by drawing with fingers, or the engineer can use software to achieve offline programming and use USB or network connection to import the processing program. After the programming is completed, the main work of the worker becomes simple The loading and unloading work does not require skilled bending workers.
❺ Tool configuration
Sheet metal bending machine-products with different thicknesses and shapes require different upper and lower molds. When realizing some special bending (such as arc) requirements, it is necessary to replace the tool or transfer to another machine tool to achieve this, increasing the number of semi-finished products Transfer and staging work.
Sheet Metal Folding Machine——By configuring a rotatable blank holder and installing two sets of blank holder tools at the same time, a single station can complete all the bending procedures. For arc bending or other special bending requirements, there is basically no need to replace the tools , It can be fully realized just by modifying the program.
❻ Tool life
Sheet metal bending machine-due to the relative movement of the workpiece in the die, the tool will wear out and need to be maintained or replaced.
Sheet Metal Flanging Machine-Basically avoiding the relative movement between the material and the tool, the tool is hardly worn for a long time, and the tool life is greatly extended.
❼ Drive system
Sheet metal bending machine-hydraulically driven, which brings more maintenance work and is susceptible to environmental factors.
Sheet metal folding machine-adopts a fully electric drive design, which reduces maintenance workload and has nothing to do with the use environment, so as to achieve higher bending accuracy.
❽ The disadvantages of sheet metal folding machine
1) Due to the different bending principles, the R angle of the sheet metal folding machine is larger than that of the sheet metal bending machine;
2) Due to the limitation of the support table, the workpiece that is turned down on both sides cannot be processed;
3) The size of the workpiece is limited by the compression area of the upper die, and the workpiece smaller than the size of the compression area cannot be processed;
4) The efficiency is not as high as that of the sheet metal bending machine;
5) Due to the structural characteristics of the sheet metal bending machine and the diversity of molds, some complex shapes can be simply realized by the sheet metal bending machine. Relatively speaking, the sheet metal folding machine is less flexible;
6) Sheet metal folding machines are currently widely used in Europe and the United States. Influenced by the traditional Japanese processing concept, we generally use bending processing, and there is no better use of sheet metal folding machines.6) Sheet metal folding machines are currently widely used in Europe and the United States. Influenced by the traditional Japanese processing concept, we generally use bending processing, and there is no better use of sheet metal folding machines.