Sheet metal forming factories all use bending machines, which have a small investment and can generally be processed for forming. The only drawback is the need for manual operation. When processing workpieces with a length and width greater than 500mm, it is difficult for one person to operate, requiring more than two workers to cooperate. When processing plates with a thickness exceeding 2mm, the bending efficiency is low and work-related accidents are prone to occur.
Bending work is relatively difficult and requires long-term learning and experience accumulation. Bending wages are higher compared to other types of work. Robot bending and servo assisted bending are currently two automation solutions to reduce labor costs.
(1) press brake bending robot. After debugging the equipment in this way, it can achieve continuous and fully automated production without stopping the machine. Long term processing is more efficient than manual labor, and one debugging personnel can operate multiple bending machines for processing. Its disadvantage is that the debugging time is too long, the requirements for operators are relatively high, and it is not suitable for multi variety and small batch processing. Different products require replacement of suction cup holders. Many companies have invested in robot bending, but due to insufficient batch orders for fixed products and inexperienced operators in debugging, the equipment has become idle.
Characteristics of press brake bending robots:
- Save labor;
- No safety hazards;
- Suitable for long-term continuous operation;
- Good consistency of workpiece accuracy;
- Reasonable layout and atmospheric appearance.
⑵ Bending with the assistance of the power car. This method can be used for multiple varieties, sizes, and batches of production. The bending advantages of large workpieces and thick plates are obvious, reducing the number of bending assistants, labor intensity, and strong flexibility. One follow-up car can be used in conjunction with multiple bending machines, and the investment cost is relatively low. The disadvantage lies in the need for manual cooperation in loading and unloading operations, which cannot fully achieve automated production.
Features of press brake bending support follower:
- Save labor;
- Improving the machining efficiency of machine tools;
- The servo device and sheet bending action are fully synchronized;
- Suitable for matching with various brands and models of bending machines;
- Independent control system, no need to modify the bending machine;
- It can be moved to match the bending machine at any time for use.
Primapress brand can develop plans based on your needs or the scale of the factory. We have more advantages in debugging press brake bending robots, and bending locomotives are suitable for bending various types of sheet metal.